With a view to deploy IT for the benefit of citizens of
the states, Government of Rajasthan launched two citizen friendly
projects in the year 2002, namely LokMitra
Present Status of Automation
- An urban centric e-Governance project.
- Was successfully operationalised in March 2002 at Jaipur
- Currently operationalised at Ajmer, Bikaner and Udaipur.
The services being offered at LokMitra are as follows :-
- Payment of electricity bills.
- Payment of water bills of PHED.
- Online bus ticketing of RSRTC.
- Issue of Birth & Death certificates.
- Payment of various dues/fee of Jaipur Municipal
- Payment of various dues/fee of Jaipur Development
- Payment of various dues/fee of Land & Building Tax
- Payment of various dues/fee of Rajasthan Housing Board.
- Payment of Land line & CellOne bills (BSNL).
e-Mitra integrated LokMitra & JanMitra
- A rural centric e-enabled service delivery system running
successfully at Jhalawar & Jaipur.
- It provides a wide range of social services &
information on relevant topics to citizens under one roof.
- It is a relevant case study of successful Public Private
- It has provided direct employment to about 350 rural
youths and served around 4.5 citizens since inception in March
The services being offered by
JanMitra are as follow :-
- Public grievance redressal.
- Online submission of application forms.
- Access to Land & Revenue Records (ROR).
- Access to Government Information.
- Development schemes.
- BPL List.
- Immovable Property Rates (DLC).
- Agriculture information & Mandi rates.
e-Mitra Project integrates LokMitra and
JanMitra initiatives under a single umbrella to bring together all
the departments under one single umbrella and give citizens of the
state a multi-service single-window experience.The key objectives
are to :
- Provide for hassle free one-stop solution to the citizen.
- Unified e-services platform minimize multiple interaction
points for the citizen and hence reducing the wastage of valuable
- Combines best features of LokMitra & JanMitra models.
- Enhanced services basket more departments including
private sector services.
- Uniform information interchange architecture.
- Public-Private Partnership model for Front Offices.
- Back Office to be owned by Government but operated by
- Will provide employment to over 2000 educated youths.
- Uses real time, Internet & batch processing modes.
- Being expanded across the state in phased manner.